Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dating Debate

Go down 
+3
Jessica:)
imacitybilly
Timwalker08
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

Dating Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:17 pm

agreed.
Back to top Go down
imacitybilly

imacitybilly

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:08 pm

idk. i wouldnt actually ask a girl out till i graduate, so 4 me that will b @ 17 cuz my birthdays in october. but its different 4 everybody, depends on how close u get, and what all is goin on in ur life.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:12 am

yes, but dating isn't worring about it. dating is finding out and yadda yadda yadda.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

between 16 and seventeen.
Me I just don't care if I date I prayed and gave that worry completely to God, so I have no worry of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:57 pm

at what age do you feel as if its old enough to start dating? think of yourself for the answer, but then also think of your younger sibling, at what age would u want them to start?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:01 am

Well your no help Dude!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:47 pm

um, actually this thread is the most said on any of them.
Back to top Go down
imacitybilly

imacitybilly

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:53 pm

wow, u guys sure wrote a lot and said very lil while i was gone! haha
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Yep what she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:53 pm

good! i'm glad we were of help! do a good job with it! Very Happy
win that debate!
Back to top Go down
AliciaLauren

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm

I think that courting puts you in a "safe" situation. It gives you much less opportunity to do things you may regret and it keeps your heart whole for the person you'll eventually marry, also, parental involvement is good in any relationship and courting relationships are fully relient on God, which is the most important thing. Thank you guys for your help! There are a lot of good arguments online and such and i think this will go well :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:42 pm

thats basically the jest of it.
also, you are planing on marring the guy when all is said and done, some people date for fun, or for personal needs or wants to be satisfied.
with courship your never put in a position where you could be misunderstood, or temptation is very present.

courtship involves alot of prayer, whereas dating you can do w/o parents even knowing. courship they've been praying from the start.
same with the heart breaks.
with courship you are waiting until you deeply feel like you want to marry the person. then you court.
there are books on the subject, i sugest you look at a library or on line or whatever. we may have one somewhere if you'd like me to find it. i haven't read it, but it might be of help.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:29 pm

I more for the courtship
1. less pressure or at least to me less pressure.
2. Parents are involved so temptation won't be as high or happen as often (depending on the parents and kids though.)
3. Focused more on Bond then love until the designated time.
4. No need to go around and be broken hearted time after time(Like Tim said.)
Those are some off hand things.
Back to top Go down
Timwalker08
Admin
Admin
Timwalker08

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm for more of a dating/courtship mix, if that makes any cence, I think there are good things and bad things on both sides. I know two things my family always says about courtship. One is, parental involvement, which generally means more accountability and minimal parental problems. The second is, courtship reduces you giving your heart away to a bunch of different people or having your heart broken by a player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelyouthgroup.webs.com
AliciaLauren

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok, so for a debate in my Speech and debate class, me and my partner are arguing dating vs. courting. We're both for dating, (I'll talk more about that later, when i'm not in class) but I'm arguing for courting. Any help? I mean, there's gotta be reasons that its better than dating. It'd be much appreciated. thanks :]<3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:23 pm

eh, more like rabbit trail just starting a debate...
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:03 pm

wow random.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:21 pm

NO, feminists say that females are equal to males. I HIGHLY disagree w/ that. Females Should NOT be aloud to do the same thing males are aloud to. i would like it if it was illegal for woman to smoke, drink, work at a bar. i think it should be illegial for woman to show much of their bodies. i'm not extreme saying that woman shouldn't be alloud to were pants or anything, but i do think that after the whole 'womans rights' thing, it stole the beauty of woman. i do think woman should vote, but i do not think they should be alloud to run for presidentcy. i know most of this doesn't sound like womans rights, more like what Christian woman would obey type thing. but i think an air of woman was lost after this. now, don't get me wrong, there where woman who didn't behave properly, but they were frowned upon in sociaties.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Your just another feminist put to the extreme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:39 pm

k, whatever, ignore the facts, but i am right.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:34 pm

hahaha__________haha
try again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:19 pm

ooo that is so not true.
woman was created to help man. man CAN'T i repeat,CANNOT live with out woman. God knew this. however, woman is capable of relying on God completely with out man, so there for it is alot easier for woman to live a single life than it is for man to.
thats why the husbands die before the wife. if the wife dies first, 75% of the time the man remarries.(if not more than that)
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Oh my bad wasn't paying attention I was listening to music.

No not at all my gender has nothing to do with it plus a woman wouldn't survive without a man's paycheck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:10 pm

i think you mean wouldn't...
haha and thats because ur a guy
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Well it would be boring to me. personally I would survive the world being single my entire life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dating Debate   Dating Debate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dating Debate
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next