Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calvinism.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

Calvinism. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 pm

but that is NOT what its saying. its saying we can't get to heaven on our own.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:05 pm

I've already explained it. It means God already choose you to be a Child of his and go to heaven or go to Hell regardless of how much you love him.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:03 pm

what? what on earth are you saying? confused
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 pm

It's the meaning behind it Predestination..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:59 pm

but thats not what it says
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Yes I know and I am bored, I just tried to spark a debate in a debating thread, but the use of hhis first point means we can't get or give salvation by any means God ahs already said you are going to heaven, while this guy goes to hell although he was a Pastor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 pm

what i said was true. maybe not the whole part of it, but i never stated that i was giving the completeness of the phrase.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 pm

REad it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:43 pm

and how was it 50/50?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Your answer was 50/50 and so was mine sorry and No!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm

sorry it didn't show up.

uh, so i'm right. duh, i knew that i was right. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:26 pm

Read my post before this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm

depravity-a corrupt act or practice
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 pm

HAHA yes I went to look up Calvin view on Deprivaty of man and it said he can't effect his salvation meaning predestination the teaching of God said you go to heaven,while you go to hell.So we're both right and wrong according to this and here is the thing from the site."Luther, Calvin and Zwingli were in general agreement regarding the total deprivaty of man - inabiblity to effect his own salvation. These great men also agreed and acknowledge that because of human total deprivaty the grace of God is necessary to redeem fallen and corrupt man
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:17 pm

It doesn't say that it says Depravity meaning not near or access to away from.
Totally away from man means no Gospel to share. If John Calvin said that then ok but looking at it right now it says stay away from man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 pm

whoa, its the total deprivaty of man. meaning we're broken messed up beings which is true.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Depravity from man would stop us from obeying God, via no gospel to be spread.
I don't know a how lot about Calvinism, but the first point goes against Christianity right away.
Back to top Go down
Timwalker08
Admin
Admin
Timwalker08

PostSubject: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Well since this is the debate thread and everyone is sick of agreeing about dating. Let's get into something a little deeper... Let's talk Calvinism... What are you thoughts on the five points of Calvanism. I'll list the five points below.

T - Total depravity of man.
U - Unconditional election.
L - Limited atonement.
I - Irresistible grace.
P - Perseverence of the saints.

What are your thoughts on this. Do you agree with all of them? Why? If not, wich ones don't you agree with? Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelyouthgroup.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism.   Calvinism. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calvinism.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evangel Youth Forum :: Off Topic :: A Debate Thread-
Jump to: