Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:28 am

Yes but the KJV is in English which is what we already read.
Back to top Go down
AliciaLauren

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:18 pm

idk, i've used NIV my entire life, and i absolutely lovee it. just my prefrence. the other versions are more difficult to understand. honestly, i've never had a problem with it, whenever i'm reading along with someone who's speaking from a KJV, i always have read the same thing, just worded differently. the bible was meant to be understood...guess that's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Me and my family are hardcore KJV people.
Back to top Go down
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 pm

lol, like i said, i pretty much stick to the nkjv, or the kjv.
just preference.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Yeah I believe it is aswell, from what I have heard and from all the websites I've been to.

Sorry for the out burst there, I just can't stand the NIV I Hate the NIV as much as I possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm

I don't have a problem with any translation but the "NIV" or what ever I have to call it.
The problem is when it comes down to the specific verse that need to be read and the NIV mentions some of it three chapters before the rest nine chapters later, HOW do I read the verse?
Funny thing is I looked up some stuff about the NIV and the Authors or whatever they're to be called left out many words verses because they felt since it repeats it doesn't need to be said again WRONG. I can't find the site anymore but I went they and it had some thigns that the NIV changed passed Translation or paraphrase it went opposite of the meaning. The site had tons of examples where the NIV changed things.
I don't remember completely but it said "Abram got angry he found out he married his sister".While KJV he almost did.
Plus many things I have read and heard from my buddies from school say the NIV leaves out key things about Jesus ressurection.
Oh and the NIV has 64,000 missing words.
Plus if the first published NIV's left out 4 chapters changed the meanings to verses and other chapters. Why should I trust the NIV now.
Ye and Thou thing
Ye means you
Thou means all of mankind.
Kinda different when the KJV says all mankind and the translation say "you".
Another thing is well it is in the Bible it must be important to know how they casted out Demons, saying who cares to what the NIV has missing would be rejecting the Bibles Truth over a lie.
My turn is over lol Oh and as for the quiz I just reandomly found it and posted the link I didn't really read it.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

Location : Here! I am always here! Why must you continue to ask?!

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Well, I'm trying to think of something witty to say...

I'd have to do some research on it, but I heard that NASB is actually the most literal translation to-date.

Could somebody confirm or disprove this for me? No opinions, just statistics and facts.

...so far: Nothin'.
Back to top Go down
Timwalker08
Admin
Admin
Timwalker08

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Wow Rob! That was quite the soap box speech! Laughing Whatever translation you use you just have to make sure that it's not watering down the solid truths in the Bible. Like I've said before... I'm not KJV only, but I personally think there are important things that the NIV leaves off... I like the ESV, NASB, and the NKJV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelyouthgroup.webs.com

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 pm

ok, wow that was harsh.
uh, this kinda goes back to our other disscussion.
KJV tries to translate word for word.
NIV translates phrase by phrase. that is the difference.
yes, early documents of the NIV left out passages, but they did put it in their foot notes. mine moreso puts them in the passage then says 'most manuscrips leave out vs 4' or whatever.
so, my personal thing is, niv is nice for an easy read, but i wouldn't study or memorize out of it, because it is a moreso paraphrased verson.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

Location : Here! I am always here! Why must you continue to ask?!

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Wow, first of all, this test is flawed and deceiving.

1. Do you really think that knowing what two things are required to cast out a certain demon is important? I certainly have no use for that information, and I am hard-pressed to think of anybody who is!

2. A ton of people get all hung up on the exact wording of a passage. That makes me mad. It doesn't matter whether "ye" or "you" is used, what really matters is the overall meaning and theme of the passage.

3. And and "Authorized" (King James) Bible? Who authorized it? I'll tell you who: a king who didn't follow God and wanted to read to Bible for himself so he could find some basis to divorce his wife, and then kill her. Personally, I don't trust that guy.

4. And last, but not least, did you wonder why they didn't want you to use footnotes in this so-called "accuracy quiz?" It's because the footnotes have the answers! Also, have you noticed that all of these questions referred to New Testament verses, but never Old Testament verses? Why is this? Well, there are only one or two original manuscripts for Old Testament books, but literally hundreds of manuscripts for New Testament books and letters. All of those stupid fill-in-the-black questions were quoted from the King James. Well, duh! How in the world would you find a King James quote in an NIV? Hello!~ Are we stupid?! The NIV used different, original, and many more manuscripts for translation than the KJV did. Therefore, yes, it should be different!

Therefore, who is to say which one is better? And who has the right to bash on another translation? No one! So, if you don't like the wording in the NIV, that's fine! Just get off it then!

((Coming down off the soapbox, now...))

One more thing: at the end the guy says: "The King James Bible is the only Bible that I have seen that says study to show yourself improved." Well, as far as I know, the correct KJV wording is "approved," not "improved." Kinda makes you wonder how much the guy thought seriously while writing this...
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:08 pm

The site has a test for people who read with an NIV, and you answer all the questions with the NIV and the question can't be answered by the NIV according to the site to try to prove the NIV is a bad trasnlation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:04 pm

what?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:11 pm

I found a site that gives a test on the NIV and says to answer them all not by memory but by the NIV only.Afterwards it says that you couldn't answer the questions and the NIV is wrong so if anyone who owns a NIV take the test and tell if it is true the NIV is wrong.
Here is the site http://marksrv.tripod.com/id18.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ   ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANYONE WHO OWNS A NIV! READ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evangel Youth Forum :: Off Topic :: Any Random Things-
Jump to: