Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gender Separation...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

Location : Here! I am always here! Why must you continue to ask?!

Gender Separation... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:11 am

Well, I'm trying to think of something witty to say...

Really? I forget, who was it? Jim?

...so far: Nothin'.

Last edited by Robert Harold on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:10 am

It made me laugh, I sat with a sponsor last wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:51 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a cool change.

Back to top Go down
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:45 pm

haha! yeah! go robbie!! freak 'em all out w/ ur christian brotherly seating choices. lol
i don't even know who was sitting next to u. lol
well, i sat on the guys side w/ lizzy, and no one would sit next to us. we were all alone in our own row...
but i really like the fact that both, on sunday and wednesday we were put in group settings boys and girls that we had to work w/ or associate ourselves w/.
yay for our awesome leaders!
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Okay, I tried to sit on the girl's side this Wednesday, but seven guys ended up filling the row where I sat. So, I got up and moved forward to a row that was already reserved by countless shiny purses. One chair was empty, so I figured it was a good spot. It went well. Although, the girl to my left looked a little weirded out.

Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:32 pm

haha ur making excuses. he can come w/ u. lol
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah because I am always sitting with Nick Walls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 pm

haha w.e lol sure...
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:17 pm

I sit in the back row in the middle unless I am late to the room which I have been for the last three or four weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:30 pm

haha. what? lol u do not.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:38 am

That is why I sit in the middle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 am

i have come to the conclusion, that if the guys decide to sit w/ the girls on there side, and the girls decide the same thing on the other side, then we have not solved the problem or improved any way other than looking at the screen from different veiw points.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Yes go do it man.
Fight the power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 pm

hahaha!! Thanks!! go robbie!
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:05 pm

Yeah, I noticed! Go Jessica!

Well, I'll try to sit on the girl's side this Wednesday. We'll see how it works out, or if I even remember...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 pm

lol

hey, i sat on the guys side for sunday school. so there. Razz!!
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:16 pm

I can feel the love lol.

I have no problem sitting with anyone I just sit down, plus I walk around to all the little groups of friends because most conversatons don't hold my attention very long.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 pm

If nothing else, we could go back to elementary school tactics: make everybody sit boy-girl-boy-girl. jocolor

But seriously, this issue bugs me, ALOT. It is like this even in sunday school with the little kids. "Okay, boys sit on this side, girls sit on this side." I really do hate it.

One of the main problems is that everyone has their own "klick." For instance, I would sit by some of the girls I know and are friends with, but next thing I know, everybody is in their normal group, and there aren't any chairs in between. So, I'm forced to sit with the guys. *hack**cough*RJ!*wheeze* lol, jk

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Theres been this problem since I've been here and that was nearly a year ago.
Me I don't care if people get the wrong Idea because I know what it truely is a "friendship".
There isn't a problem with a hello,how are you to a guy or gal.
I find it funny that it took one visitor to spark this topic after sucha long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Yes, i have noticed it and have had problems with it. With me personally. Sometimes its even if i'm aloud to talk to the guys in the youth group. A lot of times the other person gets the wrong idea when you are friendly to them, if you just start caring about them. then its even harder to talk to them the next time.
Haha, i agree there is a problem, but what can we do to stop it? sometimes there feels like there are these unwritten rules that say o, u can't talk to so-and-so or whatever. lol.
Back to top Go down
Timwalker08
Admin
Admin
Timwalker08

PostSubject: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Hey Everyone,
I kinda want to start a discussion about gender separation in our youth group...

We've had several comments from visitors lately that the girls are unfriendly to the guys and the guys are unfriendly to the girls... The problem is people think if they talk to a guy or a girl that people will think that they like that person... Now obviously you don't want to overdo it and give anyone the wrong impression, but come on... We really need to have more guys and girls that are "just friends" Nothing more! It seems like a lot of the guys and girls (With the exception of a few...) that do talk have an agenda on their mind... As a guy I can say that a lot of times talking to alot of the girls they just give the cold shoulder... Personally I think the whole thing ridiculous...

Has anyone else noticed the huge separation thing?

What can do to fix it?

Post your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelyouthgroup.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gender Separation...   Gender Separation... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gender Separation...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evangel Youth Forum :: Ideas :: Youth Group Ideas-
Jump to: