Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roleplaying

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

Roleplaying - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 pm

haha i love ngo. i hate it when it ends.
Back to top Go down
The-Silver-Ninja

The-Silver-Ninja

PostSubject: RE: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Don't look at me!

I'm dead for ideas. >o<

I can hardly think of a good post for my active role plays, right now!!!!

So... Yeah. Don't look to me until NGO is over...
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

Location : Here! I am always here! Why must you continue to ask?!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Well, I'm trying to think of something witty to say...

Yes! That would be fun. But, we have to have a plot. Any suggestions?

...so far: Nothin'.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Good point.
MAybe we should conduct an experiment by making an evangel RP.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 am

that's good! because it is almost like making your own world, and you have to be careful w/ that.
Back to top Go down
The-Silver-Ninja

The-Silver-Ninja

PostSubject: RE: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:13 am

XD

Well, I sure hope it doesn't.

But... I like to think of it as an escape. It allows me to create a story out of someone else. It's fun to stay in character... Sometimes it's hard. I mostly like to use cheery characters that fitt more into my personality. It's easy to stay in character with them. But I like to switch it up a bit, with a boy, or a serious or shy character. Shy or serious characters are difficult to use, since I want to burst out.

Sometimes role playing is a chore... Especially if everyone is on and posting... And every role play is moving all at once. Right there I just want to get off, but... I read it anyway so I don't get myself further later on...

SORRY, FABIO!!! ;o;

But, yeah. It's just a thing that takes you away from the stress of life with many stresses of its own creation. No big deal. But, I do often consult the LORD about it... You know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:56 am

and as long as you dont' let it rule ur life.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:40 am

Silver, your here! (Finally!)

Yeah, a lot of people don't RP correctly. But, like I said, if you do it right, it's perfectly fine.

Back to top Go down
The-Silver-Ninja

The-Silver-Ninja

PostSubject: RE: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 am

Dina here!

Yeah. Forced to post here. Seriously, don't expect to see me much.

ALRIGHT.

Role Plays. I'm a big fan. I love to make them, and I love to join them. It just depends on who you role play with. It depends on what the subject is. It depends on the owner, and the rules that they have set for the role play. Alright. There are plenty of disturbing role plays that shouldn't be touched. But as well as this, there are plenty of good, fun role plays!

Really, think about it. Role plays can be fun. You really can't judge it too well until you experience it yourself. There are certain ones to avoid. Read the rules, and you can tell. But trust me. Not all role plays are bad! The role plays I create are PG, to PG-13. I dislike romance, and I have rules for this. Also, filtering can be used. The owner creates a profile for the person wishing to join, and they can easily turn them down or not.

I've stumbled across a few characters, but... Still.

Okay. I'm sorry. Don't eat me for this. Heck, don't reply if you see fit. Leave me alone if you want. I don't rightly care.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:32 pm

but if it is just being used for filler time then nothing is wrong with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:28 am

yes, but robbie, honestly, how many rp ppl are like that?
and like i said, it can become very addicting.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:23 am

YEs but on the profile the name is not given giving her another alias making silver her name not a nickname.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:12 am

Any name not her given is a nickname. Besides, I'm the only one at church to call her that...

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 am

it isn't a nickname her profiles says to call her that.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 am

That is kinda my nickname for her... it comes from her screen-name on Gaia, where we RP. You should check it out! This is my profile, and this is her's.

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 am

Nice nice, who is silver?
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:41 am

Yeah, she started RPing a few months before I did, then introduced me to it. I have to gives her props for coming up with such a stellar character, then letting me have him for the last few years. Also, she is a good artist when it comes to illustrating these characters. She has lots of potential! She should just get on this forum and post!

Silver, this means YOU!~ *puts on uncle-sam hat and points dramatically*

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:37 am

right, I agree. I figured Dina Helped you think of corran when I heard Red dragon lol.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:34 am

Yes. It also puts your writing skills out in public. This way, average, everyday people can give you feedback and input as to whether they like your style, etc. This is a great way to improve.

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:29 am

Nice choice of words Robert.

Yeah like I said prior to this post is if you have the right people it is fun, plus it is just filler time i.e. down time when the work is done and instead of sitting around you find something creative to do.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 pm

The only role-plays I join are ones that (1) someone I know personally started it, or (2) the RP has a strict set of rules, and a trustworthy leader. I have been very careful to make sure that there are no allowances for questionable material in the RPs I join. I also do not steal characters from books, video games, movies, etc. I think it is cheep. I like to make my own characters. It gives you a lot more control.

As for the flaws bit, you brought up a very good point. You must be careful which flaws you decide to give a character. You must make sure that they are balanced with many good qualities. Also, if you do decide to give them flaws, you must plan on having the character work on them throughout the story. I.E. if a character has a problem with the language he/she/it uses, you should have the character make a conscious effort within the storyline to watch his language. I find that this ensures that you do not develop the flaw yourself, and are careful to avoid it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:30 pm

haha! i knew u were gonna say a big chunk of info on it! lol!

but that's just it. you kinda become the character. no one is perfect, so therefore your characters musn't be perfect as well. as you show their flaws, you may aquire or deepen it in you. it can also become addicting, and very easily to become obsessed about. you can end up spending way to much time, they can become you life. you can read books, then rp w/ the characters of the book, then get wrapped up in the music and such, and it can affect everything about you. often times characters of rping are involved in sexual sins, that are a big part of the storyline. most roleplaying forums are not clean. i'm not saying that there all like that, i'm just saying the majority are, and the ones that aren't are usually involved in witchcraft and such.

just what i have gathered from them.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Okay, I have been role-playing since 12/10/2006. That is nearly a year and a half (not to brag or anything.). I find it immensely fun. You get to build a completely new person for yourself, then travel with friends and do things that you would never get to do in real-life. I find it to be one of the best escapes for all of my stress and aggravation. For me, over time and as the story progresses, I become the character that I play as. In some ways, this fictional character that I create grows on me, and affects how I think and react in the real world. Please don't freak out over this, I am NOT crazy... I hope....

For instance, when I first started RPing, I adopted the character of Corran, a red male dragon. (I cannot take all of the credit, though. Dina originally came up with the idea, then I fleshed him out, so-to-speak.) Anyway, I gave him certain characteristics, and began to interact with other people in these stories. Over the past year-and-a-half, I have grown quite fond of Corran. In role-plays, I had to filter every action, word, and response of his through the personality I gave him. Over time, I noticed myself taking up some of the characteristics for myself. Example: In one RP, I emphasized his chivalry and the honor he felt for his family name. Before I knew it, I myself was pulling out old family trees that my grandparents kept, trying to figure out who my ancestors were and what they accomplished in life. I also began to treat ladies with more respect. I calmed down a lot, and got more serious about my work.

So yeah. That is part of my experience with it. It has been a good escape for me, and a good character-building exercise. I learned how to interact and work with people in all kinds of situations. Plus, it is my favorite hobby. It is a blast of fun if you do it correctly!

Okay, my rant is done... geek

Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Which is why I said if you don't have those kind of people playing it is fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:19 pm

i dunno, i've seen alot of bad come from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next