Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:57 am

but for the sake of argument! or finding why one is appropriate and antoher istn'
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Well my siblings are not teenagers and that is what parents are for.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:07 pm

what if they were teenagers? then would lotr be acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Out of the three one LOTR isn't a family movie, Harry Potter has a lot of garbage, and Narnia has the best story line out of the three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:55 am

and why did u say that and not the others?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:46 am

Um Narnia I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 pm

lol ok, and would u allow ur sibs to watch them, and if so, which ones?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm

All three story lines stink so I don't have to worry about getting into them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 am

um ok back to the books, Lord of the rings and the narnia series were both written by devout catholics. well, i think cslewis was less catholic but still, they both took God very seriously. the morals in their stories are good. they both created different worlds in their books, both with good and evil, and things that could happen that don't normally in the real world.
i have no problem with walking through a wardrobe to get to a faraway land, and i see nothing wrong with a ntoher world were they are fighting for the good of the world, to keep it from being oftaken by evil.
i do have a problem with kids who go to a school to learn witchcraft or sorcery.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:52 pm

nevermind forget it they are just bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:33 pm

i don't know what the pentagrams are
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Well just because a christian says it is christian doesn't mean it isn't wrong. Did you no the really evil pentagrams they're "Christian" one too. does that mean they're ok to use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:17 pm

lol i wish you would type in complete sentances. its so hard trying to figure out what your saying.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Anyways back to the subject. this brings up my favorite quote does it justify the means.
If both contain magic and mystical powers and things that we should watch,think or try does it make it ok that a christian made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm

um, only guys can be gay and ew.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:08 pm

The lady who writes Harry Potter apparently announced that she is gay and will being turning characters in her books gay as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:12 pm

well, the reason for condensing the topics was to compare them to c what was acceptable, and where we should draw the lines.
Back to top Go down
Robert Harold
Robert Harold

Location : Here! I am always here! Why must you continue to ask?!

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Well, I'm trying to think of something witty to say...

((oh, wow, all three of us on at the same time? we are gonna be here for a while... XD ))

Ok, RJ, please explain your "gay" statement. Also, Jessica, I do not think we should lump Harry Potter, Narnia, and LotR together as one genre. Narnia and LotR were written by Christian authors and contain strong Christian themes and morals. Harry Potter, on the otehr hand, portrays it's "heros" as calling upon demonic powers to gain victory.

...so far: Nothin'.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:51 pm

I rather like the way I type because it annoys people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:39 pm

um, wow, than you need to type in complete sentances
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 pm

no wow I said Lewis says he is christian and make christian films, while the other author I forget her name is confused about her beliefs and is gay( which goes against Romans chapter one).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 pm

you can't take a jab at cs lewis saying he goes against romans 1 without explaining yourself
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

No because I don't like either story line or their creative master pieces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:26 pm

you need to further that
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Very good.
one author says they're a christian writing christian material as the other is confused about their beliefs and is going against Romans chapter one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next