Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:09 pm

but harry potter doesn't have better morals.
this is where we need to analize these and compare them.
also, look at the lives of the authors, because how they are living will greatly affect what is in there books.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah but if Narnia contains it and it is a Christian film then what would be the point if say Harry Potter has better morals.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:36 pm

if the movie contains it, you should refrain from watching it.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:29 pm

But I am not near it I am watching a movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:36 pm

yes, but we are warned to stay away from witchcraft/sorcery stuff
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Let's see being that they're all entertainment that I have either seen or read and found nothing wrong with them. I say if you want to see them then watch'em or read them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 pm

ok, so the title basically says it all.
whats good? whats bad? what do we support? why? what do we stay away from? why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft   Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narnia, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter and other books/movies dealing w/ mystical powers/witchcraft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2