Evangel Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evangel Youth Forum

This is a place for our youth group to connect.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music Debate

Go down 
+2
imacitybilly
Timwalker08
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

Music Debate - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

ok um
Here it is like telling me that people are kind, while I've only experienced resentment from people.
See what I have experience will trump what you say because I don't experience it.
Back to top Go down
Jessica:)

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:15 pm

what? i don't get what u mean.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Your also using other people as examples to me whose seen nearly nothing like that in the world.
Back to top Go down

Location : that place ya'll, where there ain't nobody crying, i'll take you there

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:55 am

i dont' know about that. there are many people at our church who have asked people at their work or school to not swear around them, and the people do try to stop around them because they know it offends them. and when they do slip they usually apologize.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:44 pm

exactly my point people don't stop excluding church folk and some family members.
Back to top Go down
imacitybilly

imacitybilly

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:21 pm

If they are at church, or a close friend they will probably stop. family may stop, atleast mostly. most ppl that i talk 2 just keep sayin it but maybe throw in an occasional "excuse my language" 2 pacify u.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:40 pm

I ask politely, even to complete strangers who don't know me or people who have known me for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:00 am

maybe its how your asking them, or that they have no respect for you.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Where in the world are you that people will go ok I'll try to stop.
Because no matter where I am at it is the same people will continue to act retarded and offensively unless you drop a lawsuit on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:04 pm

no, not true. and most ppl will stop.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Right but that is mostly the people who actuallt care and 90 percent of the world doesn't. So saying I am offended doesn't do anything anymore because everything offends someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:17 pm

yeah, but u don't have to. you can tell ppl around you that u are offended, and they usually try to stop by you. you can look up movies and music first to see if it does before listening to it.
Back to top Go down
imacitybilly

imacitybilly

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:12 pm

it all depends on the context that they r used in. when i tell ppl i drove out 2 c the kentucky dam, they turn all red and get nervous like i just swore or somethin. like if u notice, @ church when a song says somethin like "God saved us from Hell" ppl sing God saved us from... and kinda trail off right there, they wont say Hell, even though its a real place and in that context its not swearin.
i try not 2 listen 2 music that swears, cuz even tho i dont use it, i may find myself thinkin it. or i may have some line from a song stuck in my head, and it swears in that line, and im sittin in church service right at that time and its really odd havin that line in ur head... lol. but rj is right, we have been desensitised to cussin. u hear it all the time, in music, on tv, in movies, talkin 2 ur neighbor/family, etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:12 am

yes, that is true, but now they are 'bad' words, and they are offensive.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:30 pm

If you look up the meanings the words aren't swear words they have specific meanings, it is just the world that turned them into bad words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:56 pm

i think it should bother us. even though, i must say it doesn't bother me as it should. and i tend to start using it without even realizing that i'm using bad language.
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Well me I only listen to Christian but I am tolerant of secular and it doesn't bother me if it swears but I also hear it everyday so I've learned to just not care if I hear it,if it starts going into hate towards God, suicide or adult content I will just leave or pop in my mp3 player headphones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:42 pm

alright, so where do u draw the line in listening to secular music? what is allowed? how about movie soundtracks? how often do you listen to these?
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:54 pm

No sounds great lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:17 pm

uh ok sounds good
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:38 pm

I don't want to follow anothers example except for Jesus's, I want to be the one who people can say I want to be like him I want to be an archetype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:28 pm

sure
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm

I only quote from two bands DH and Disciple other then that all I say is what I come up with regardless of who said it first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:37 pm

then stop quoting them lol!
Back to top Go down
Robert J. Bennett

Robert J. Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:20 pm

I can't stand Relient K, Personally I think they're a joke to the Music industry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Debate   Music Debate - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Debate
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next